This Graduate Diploma is designed for counsellors, family support workers, family and children’s contact workers, or equivalent practitioners; seeking to enhance their skills to work with individuals and families affected by domestic and family violence.
As a research and evidence-informed course, it provides graduates with the required skills and practice theories to work with a range of complex issues affecting relationships, including family violence.
Why this course?
- Blended learning approach that incorporates self-paced modules; online, interactive learning; face-to-face skills workshops; guest speakers and excursions; work placements and placement seminars.
- Research and evidence-based.
- Informed by almost 75 years’ counselling experience.
- Includes an organised, fully-supported practical work placement.
- Qualified and skilled facilitators are also practicising practitioners.
- Accredited with Family Safety Victoria in meeting the principles for Family Safety Practitioners, and accredited and recognised with the Australian Counselling Association (ACA) for registered members.