A free, 6-week program to help parents/carers in specific areas of Ballarat and Sunshine to support your child's emotional intelligence and conflict management skills.
Emotionally Intelligent Parenting: Learn how to better understand and interact with your child
Backed by evidence-based research, this online program focuses on developing key skills to recognise and respond to your child’s emotions, manage conflict and help your child develop emotional intelligence.
- have a child aged 3-10 years old?
- have difficulty managing your child’s behaviour?
- want to strengthen your parenting skills?
- want to learn ways to better connect with your child?
- feel concerned about the level of conflict in your home?
This 6-week free program teaches you as parents:
- to be aware and to regulate your own emotions
- to be aware of your child’s emotions
- to use your child’s emotional experiences as an opportunities for closeness and teaching
- skills to help your child verbally name their emotions
- skills to help your child to problem solve
- to guide your child’s behaviour with appropriate limits.
Who can attend?
Parents and carers of children aged between 3 and 10 who live in specific areas of Ballarat and Sunshine (Wendouree, Miners Rest, Canadian, Golden Point, Mount Pleasant, Mount Clear, Redan, Sebastopol, Delahey, Kings Park and Albanvale).
The early matters program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Upcoming group dates
6 group sessions, delivered online from 10 - 11:30am on Mondays in 2023:
- 13 February
- 20 February
- 27 February
- 6 March
- No session on 13 March (public holiday)
- 20 March
- 27 March.