Backed by evidence-based research, over 8 weeks you’ll develop key skills to:
- communicate with your teen
- recognise and respond to your teen’s emotions
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions
- teach your teen how to deal with conflict
Teenage children of parents who learn and regularly practice these skills are more likely to:
- be more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have fewer mental health or substance abuse difficulties
- be more likely to turn to their parents for help when they are facing challenging issues
- have greater career success - emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
Who can attend?
We are funded to provide this program to parents and caregivers of tweens and teens aged between 10 and 16, who live in specific areas of Sunshine and Ballarat.
Please note, if you are attending as a couple/caregiver pair, each person must have their own device in order to participate.
8 x 1.5-hour weekly group sessions.
We are funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services to provide early matters programs specifically in Sunshine (Delahey and Kings Park) and Ballarat (Wendouree, Miners Rest and Ballarat South).