A FREE, 8-week group for Afghan fathers in the Cranbourne area to develop and enhance your parenting skills, focusing on building your relationship with your child.
Do you have a connection to the Cranbourne area (place of residence, work, school, or relatives), and:
- have a child aged 12 or under?
- have difficulty managing your child’s behaviour?
- want to strengthen your parenting skills?
- want to learn ways to better connect with your child?
- feel concerned about the level of conflict in your home?
This course teaches dads:
- to be aware and to regulate your own emotions
- to be aware of your child’s emotions
- to use your child’s emotional experiences as an opportunity for closeness and teaching
- skills to help your child verbally name their emotions
- skills to help your child to problem-solve
- to guide your child’s behaviour with appropriate limits.
Please note: Only parents/carers attend programs. Children cannot be present during groups.
Who can attend?
We are funded to provide this program for Afghan dads in the Cranbourne area with children aged 12 and under. This group is delivered by Afghan facilitators who are fluent in several Afghan dialects.
8 x weekly 2-hour sessions. No groups are currently scheduled.
Express your interest
Before you start the group, you will need to attend a brief assessment, on a Saturday, to confirm that this group is suitable for your circumstances.
Contact our Cranbourne Centre to get started:
Tuning in to Kids™ is provided by Relationships Australia Victoria as part of Windermere’s Communities for Children initiative, with funding from the Australian Government Department of Social Services.