A FREE, 12-week group for Afghan women in the Cranbourne area to develop and enhance your parenting skills, focusing on building your relationship with your children.
- have difficulty managing your child’s behaviour?
- want to strengthen your parenting skills?
- want to learn ways to better connect with your child?
- feel concerned about the level of conflict in your home?
- want to meet and connect with other Afghan women?
In this program, we'll talk about:
- emotional intelligence and why it’s important
- how to maintain important cultural values whilst also incorporating new parenting ideas and research
- the 5 steps of emotion coaching
- our family experiences and how they might influence how we parent our children
- different parenting styles
- anger and conflict management
- problem solving
- emotional self-care.
Who can attend?
Afghan women in the Cranbourne area with children aged 12 years and under. This group is facilitated by Afghan women who are fluent in several Afghan dialects.
Parents are able to attend this group with babies and pre-school children. Child care will be provided for face-to-face groups.
To express your interest in upcoming groups or to find out more, contact our Cranbourne Centre:
- Phone (03) 5990 1900
- Email [email protected]