Emotionally Intelligent Parenting: Learn how to better understand and interact with your child.
Backed by evidence-based research, this 6-week program focuses on developing key skills in recognising and responding to your child’s emotions, conflict management, and helping your child develop emotional intelligence.
Tuning in to Kids™ teaches parents how to help their child develop emotional intelligence - a key skill to help them better cope with their emotions, become more assertive and have more stable and satisfying relationships as adults.
This course teaches parents:
- emotional intelligence and why it’s important
- the five steps of emotion coaching
- different parenting styles
- anger and conflict management
- problem solving
- emotional self-care.
Who can attend?
Parents/caregivers of children aged 3 to 9.
Please note: This group may not be appropriate for all parents. Please contact us if your family is experiencing family violence, significant mental health issues or child protection issues. We will talk to you about your circumstances and whether this group is suitable for you.
Six online group sessions from 5:30-7:30pm on Thursdays in term 2, 2022:
- 12 May
- 19 May
- 26 May
- 2 June
- 9 June
- 16 June.
All 6 sessions must be attended.
If you are attending as a couple/caregiver pair, each person must have their own device in order to participate.
Please note: Babies and children cannot be accommodated in groups.
- “I learnt an enormous amount over the 6 sessions. What I have learnt has made an impact on my family in a very positive way!” – Female, 44
- “This was a great course. Has really helped. Still have a way to go, but have lots of useful tools to work with.” – Melanie, 37
- “Very helpful and insightful on how to manage/recognise my kids’ emotions, and my own.” – Female, 47
- “It was nice hearing other parents’ experiences.” – Female, 37