A 20-week group program for adult men who have used violent or controlling behaviours towards their partner/s and/or children and would like help with managing their behaviour.
Is it time for change? How do I know if this program is for me?
As a man, in your relationship with your current/former partner, have you:
- often criticised, called them names, put them down in front of others or said things to frighten them?
- hit, punched, slapped, pushed or shoved them, or pulled their hair?
- made threats of physical violence, such as threatened to throw something, use a weapon, hit them, or hurt a pet?
- pressured or forced them to have sex when they didn’t want to?
- been extremely jealous, such as unfairly accusing them of paying too much attention to another person?
- controlled your shared finances so they are dependent on you, or prevented them from using money for their own purposes?
- not let them do something they wanted to do, such as meeting up with friends or working?
- used your children to control and dominate them?
- abused your children or controlled them in ways that are not healthy and supportive of their development?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, and you’re ready to take responsibility for your behaviour and would like help to change, an MBCP can help.
Programs aim to:
- encourage you to take responsibility for using violence.
- give you an opportunity to explore and reflect on your attitudes and beliefs that may influence your use of violence.
- increase your understanding of the impact of your use of family violence towards your partner/s and/or children.
- help you make changes to develop safe and respectful relationships with your partner/s and/or children.
How do I get started?
To find out more or to make an appointment for an assessment, contact our Boronia Centre.