A structured, online program for dads in the Cranbourne area who have completed a men’s behaviour change program in the past year, and who are currently parenting children on a part- or full-time basis, or hoping to redevelop a relationship with their children.
The program covers:
- fathering – how it’s changed
- developing short- and long-term parenting goals
- positive discipline
- providing structure
- what legacy do you pass on?
- problem solving
- understanding how children think
- providing warmth.
The program will provide you with the opportunity to discuss:
- more effective ways to parent
- ways to restore and repair your relationship with your children
- ideas to help your children heal from the effects of your use of violence and abuse.
Who can attend?
Dads who have used violence in their relationships and have a connection to the Cranbourne area (place of residence, work, school, or relatives).
6:30-8pm AEDT on 11 October, 18 October, 25 October; 1 November, 8 November, 15 November, 22 November, 29 November; 6 December.
A brief telephone assessment will held prior to the group, to confirm that this group is suitable for your circumstances. Please note: Only parents attend this program. Children cannot be accommodated in groups.
Repair-enting is provided by Relationships Australia Victoria and funded through Windermere's Communities for Children in Cranbourne, which is supported by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Phone: (03) 5990 1900