What is elder mediation?
Elder mediation can assist older people and their families have difficult conversations, plan for the future, resolve differences in ways that protect and improve relationships and make decisions that consider the interests, rights and safety of families.
The service offers facilitated decision-making and dispute resolution processes for a range of issues, including:
- substituted decision-making
- wills and estates
- living arrangements, including transition into supported care
- financial management
- family conflict
- concerns and conflicts arising out of intergenerational co-habitation
- managing progressive disability associated with ageing, including dementia
- issues related to being a grandparent.