About this course
In this course, you’ll gain knowledge, skills and tools to recognise and respond to the signs of vicarious trauma in yourself and colleagues, monitor your own wellbeing, and seek additional support for yourself and others when needed.
- After progressing through the course, you'll be able to: understand and recognise vicarious trauma
- manage and respond to signs of vicarious trauma in a range of work roles
- monitor wellbeing, manage your exposure to trauma, and know how and when to seek support in times of need.
This comprehensive self-paced course is ideal for employees and clinicians from all sectors who may work with or support clients who are experiencing challenging circumstances.
- The course will take approximately 3-4 hours to complete.
- Throughout the course, you’ll participate in learning activities that will help you to apply the course content to your own context. This integrated and practical approach to learning will enable you to go back to your workplace with new and innovative learnings that can be implemented straight away.
- You will have access to the course content for 12 months from the date you commence the first module.
After completing this course you’ll receive the following course completion awards:
- A certificate of completion for your records
- A digital micro-credential badge.
The digital micro-credential badge can be displayed on your LinkedIn profile, resume, CV or email signature, to share your accomplishment with colleagues and professional networks.
Accessing this course
When you register:
- you'll be taken to our payment gateway to complete your registration
- a new account will be automatically created for you in our Learning Management System (Moodle). This will be your online learning hub, where you can access this course and all our upcoming training and professional development programs. If you have joined one of our events before, you should already have an account.
- if you have forgotten your username or password, you can reset these on the Moodle log in page.