Grow your skills and confidence working with Rainbow Families in this interactive workshop. Participants will learn about reflective practice skills and increase their capacity for inclusive mediation.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to demonstrate:
- knowledge of the kind of reflective practice required to work with Rainbow Families
- awareness of family structures and family formation
- increased confidence with appropriate pronoun use
- knowledge of LGBTIQA+ specific family law
- skills and strategies for creating a safe and welcoming environment for Rainbow Families.
Family Dispute Resolution Practitioners (FDRPs), counsellors, family therapists, and parent-adolescent mediators.
About the presenters
Natasha Belmont is an FDRP, mediator, restorative engagement facilitator, trainer and clinical psychologist in training. She holds tertiary qualifications in law and psychology. Natasha has worked for Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) in a variety of roles, including leading the FDR and Mediation Training programs and for Women’s Legal Service as an Education and Engagement Coordinator. She is also involved with various government departments at the state and federal levels for dispute resolution processes and works in private practice.
Adrien March is an FDRP with a broad base of skills and experience, including mediation practice, training and dispute resolution research. Her practice experience covers mediating using facilitative and transformative models in the FDR and National Mediation Accreditation (NMAS) schemes. Adrien’s specialisations include working with Rainbow Families and high conflict disputes. Her training expertise includes course development and conducting FDR and NMAS training, coaching and evaluation for RAV and other organisations.
Please note, in order to participate in this workshop, you will need access to the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam (built in to your computer, or input separately)
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
This workshop may be available on other dates. View all our upcoming workshops.