Have you previously completed a mediation training course and would like to refresh and refine your skills? This 3-day online course provides an overview of the core skills and competencies of mediation.
During this course, you will:
- refresh your understanding of how to effectively facilitate mediation in a range of contexts
- enhance your practical mediation skills, including strategies and micro-skills for maintaining impartiality in high-conflict situations
- refine your knowledge and skills relating to the mediation process, and practice how to apply these in high-conflict scenarios.
This course is designed for practitioners who have previously completed mediation training, with either Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV) or another provider, and seek to enhance their skills and deepen their understanding of the process.
Participants of RAV and Pacifica Congress’ upcoming Parenting Coordination Course who would like to upskill in preparation for the training are encouraged to attend this mediation skills refresher course.
About the presenters
John Ravesi is a highly experienced family dispute resolution (FDR) practitioner, mediator, counsellor and coach. He is currently a Trainer/Assessor within the FDR and Mediation Training Program at RAV and delivers a variety of programs to external organisations. He has held multiple senior leadership, supervisory and clinical roles in a variety of community organisations.
Astrid Horter is the Program Leader - Learning Delivery at RAV. She holds tertiary qualifications in law and psychology and is an experienced FDR practitioner and child consultant. Astrid coordinates RAV’s CHC81115 Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution and Mediation Training Course, and delivers training for RAV and external organisations. Astrid has extensive experience working in community organisations as a clinical supervisor, trainer and manager.
Adrien March is an FDR practitioner with a broad base of skills and experience, including mediation practice, training and dispute resolution research. Her practice experience covers mediating using facilitative and transformative models in the FDR and National Mediation Accreditation System (NMAS) schemes. Adrien’s specialisations include working with rainbow families and high conflict disputes. Her training expertise includes course development and conducting FDR and NMAS training, coaching and evaluation for RAV and other organisations.
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.