In single session consultations, it's important to structure the session with a beginning, middle and end; narrow the data and approach the therapy with some pragmatism.
Participants of this workshop will engage with valuable strategies and tools that can be integrated into their practice.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- make the most effective use of just one hour
- narrow the data
- understand that, in walk-in therapy, the goal is for the client to leave the session with a sense of emotional relief and some sort of positive outcome
- learn, as early as possible, what the client wants from the session
- understand client motivation
- learn about risk and safety.
This workshop is designed for clinicians, social workers, community organisation workers, health professionals, youth workers, child and family workers and counsellors at any level of experience.
About the presenter
Lilia Szarski is a clinical supervisor and experienced trainer at Relationships Australia Victoria and a qualified, registered psychologist. She is also a member of the Australian Psychological Society, International Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, and the International Association of Applied Psychologists.
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email with further details about your training event.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222