Stepping into a leadership role and inspiring others can be a most rewarding career move.
In this online workshop, participants will focus on building effective leadership skills, transitioning well into the leadership space and managing challenges inherent in the role. We will take a 360 degree view on leadership – yourself, your manager, your organisation and your team.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- undertake an effective transition into inspirational people leadership
- articulate the difference between leading and managing – why you need to do both, and when
- apply skills in order to manage competing priorities
- apply skills in order to master the art of ‘managing up’
- apply knowledge to strategically work within systems.
This session is designed for relatively new and emerging leaders working in the community services sector.
About the presenter
Astrid Horter is the Program Leader Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) and Mediation Training at Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV). She holds tertiary qualifications in law and psychology and is an experienced FDR Practitioner and child consultant. Astrid coordinates RAV’s Graduate Diploma of FDR, Mediation Training Course, and delivers training for RAV and external organisations. Astrid has extensive experience working in community organisations as a clinical supervisor, trainer and manager.
Please note, in order to participate in this workshop, you will need access to the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam (built in to your computer, or input separately)
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
We're also delivering this workshop on 15 August 2022. Register now.
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222