Join our interactive online workshop, and gain knowledge, practical advice and strategies to engage dads, father-figures and families in positive and effective ways.
Through collaborative group discussion, you'll develop strategies for supporting dads in your community and learn skills for creating more dad-friendly programs and services.
At the end of this workshop, you'll be able to:
- explain what makes dads important
- articulate the 7 different ways to be a dad
- discuss dad-focused programs, research and work across Australia
- effectively promote programs and services to dads
- support dads to create positive family relationships
- give examples of ways that dads can maintain work and family balance
- create dad-focused services and spaces
- demonstrate an understanding of the issues impacting dads who work from home and ways to manage these
- plan for future work with dads.
A range of workers in community organisations, social services, schools or businesses who want to better support the needs of fathers.
About the presenter
Shaun Tonkes is a social worker and for the past 5 years has been working for the Salvation Army as a Parenting Support Practitioner focusing on fathers. He has experience delivering several father-focused programs including ‘Dads Tuning in to Kids’ and ‘Baby Makes 3’. Prior to his current work, Shaun spent 7 years living and working with remote communities in the Northern Territory as a Team Leader of Intensive Family Support. Currently, Shaun delivers Relationships Australia Victoria’s Support for Fathers ‘DadStuff’ program as well as ‘Working with Dads’ training for professionals and service providers. He also works with the Murdoch Childrens Research Institute and Tweddle on the ‘Working out Dads’ program.
- When you register, you'll be taken to our payment gateway to complete your registration. A new account will be automatically created for you in our Learning Management System (Moodle).
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.
Please note that you'll need access to the following to participate in this workshop:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Headphones recommended
- Webcam (built in or external to your computer)