This webinar explores a targeted approach to creating wellbeing and personal development of un-sentenced prisoners (remandees) in prison.
Remandees present with a range of complex needs and require tailored intervention and support for their successful rehabilitation and reintegration into the community.
In this webinar, participants will learn about:
- how personal perceptions can impact working with a Correctional cohort
- strategies for applying strengths-based practice with a Correctional cohort
- creating capacity for change through resilience-building strategies
- the role of psycho-educational programs and strengths-based models
- challenges of working with a complex cohort and understanding how strengths-based practice can build motivation and engagement
- how to separate empathy from collusion when working with a Correctional cohort
- the importance of reflective practice and self-care when working with complex cohorts and integration needs.
Professionals who work with a Correctional cohort.
About the presenters
Samantha Winnick and Luke McCord deliver the LINCS program at Relationships Australia Victoria. It is an educational workshop specifically designed for offenders who are subject to a Community Correction Order, and is funded through Corrections Victoria. LINCS workshops are designed to improve participants’ capabilities and strengths, using skills-based activities that also identify strategies and supports relevant to each module. The activities also highlight the importance of the participants’ internal and external capacity in terms of their social supports, employment opportunities and access to education.
75 minutes of content and 15 minutes of moderated Q&As.
Registrations close 24 hours before the webinar start time. In addition to the live event link, all registrants will receive a link to the webinar recording post-event.
When you click to book, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
In order to participate in this webinar, you will need access to the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam (built in to your computer, or input separately)
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222