A program for women who currently feel or have previously felt powerlessness as a result of experiencing a range of controlling and abusive behaviours.
When you feel powerless, you may feel a sense of worthlessness. Feelings of being powerless in a relationship and not being good enough and feeling blamed for the negative aspects of the relationship are often present.
This program provides an opportunity for women to share their experiences, gain greater understanding, offer support, with women supporting women through an educative, therapeutic and supportive group.
Coping with abusive relationships is difficult. Many women have found that coming together to share their experiences and receive information has enabled them to gain an insight into understanding family relationships together, providing them with much-needed support.
The group program will cover topics such as:
- understanding family relationships
- safety issues for all family members
- exploring patterns of behaviour
- impact on children
- healthy relationships
- information, services and resources available.
- "I can’t thank you enough for the Women Making Choices course. I gained so many insights and I believe it has affected me profoundly and will turn out to be a real turning point in my life."
- "It has been life changing, beneficial and validating to hear other women's stories that have resounding similarities to my own."
- "This was really transformative. Thank you so much to the facilitators and group members."
- "I learnt to stop always thinking about him, his needs and his reactions, and to clearly refocus all my efforts on myself, what I want and my responses."
Who can attend?
Women who currently feel or have previously felt powerlessness as a result of experiencing a range of controlling and abusive behaviours.
6 x 1.5-hour sessions. No dates are currently scheduled.
A free assessment is required before participating in the group.