Would you like to be better equipped to support your child as they enter adolescence and build their independence?
Learn how to:
- better understand and help your child navigate this important developmental phase
- strengthen your relationship with your child
- coach your child to manage strong emotions like worry, anger and sadness
- build your child’s problem solving, conflict resolution, and resilience skills
- help your child develop positive and healthy friendships.
Tuning in to Teens teaches parents how to help their children develop emotional intelligence. This key skill can help them better cope with emotions, better engage in learning, have fewer mental health difficulties, and have more stable and satisfying relationships not only as children, but also as adults.
Parents/carers of year 5-8 students who live or study in the City of Yarra.
Dates and delivery
6 x 2-hour online sessions from 7-9pm on Wednesdays in 2022:
- 11, 18, 25 May;
- 1, 8, 15 June.
It is important to attend all 6 sessions.
Your co-parent cannot attend in your place.
Express your interest
To express your interest in future groups, contact contact Naomi Gilbert, Community Liaison Officer at Relationships Australia Victoria, on 0488 688 908.
A brief telephone assessment will be held before the program starts, to confirm that it is suitable for your circumstances.
This program is delivered by Relationships Australia Victoria as part of Yarra Communities that Care.