A free 20-session group program for adult men who have used violent or controlling behaviours towards their family members or children and would like help with managing their behaviour.
Is it time for change? How do you know if this program is for you?
In your relationship with your family members, have you:
- often criticised, called them names, put them down in front of others or said things to frighten them?
- hit, punched, slapped, pushed or shoved them, or pulled their hair?
- made threats of physical violence, such as threatened to throw something, use a weapon, hit them, or hurt a pet?
- pressured or forced them to have sex when they didn’t want to?
- been extremely jealous, such as unfairly accusing them of paying too much attention to another person?
- controlled your shared finances so they are dependent on you, or prevented them from using money for their own purposes?
- not let them do something they wanted to do, such as meeting up with friends or working?
- used your children to control and dominate them?
- abused your children or controlled them in ways that are not healthy and supportive of their development?
If you answered yes to any of these questions, and you’re ready to take responsibility for your behaviour and would like help to change, an MBCP can help.
Programs aim to:
- encourage you to take responsibility for using violence.
- give you an opportunity to explore and reflect on your attitudes and beliefs that may influence your use of violence.
- increase your understanding of the impact of your use of family violence towards your family members and children.
- help you make changes to develop safe and respectful relationships with your family members and children.
How are groups provided?
We run face-to-face groups at our centres in Boronia, Cranbourne North, Kew, Shepparton and Sunshine, and at other venues in these areas.
Online services may be provided in cases where in-person groups cannot be delivered in a COVIDSafe way.
How do I get started?
To find out more or to make an appointment for an assessment, contact your nearest centre directly:
- Boronia and Kew: Phone (03) 9725 9964 or email [email protected]
- Cranbourne North: Phone (03) 5911 5400 or email [email protected]
- Shepparton: Phone (03) 5820 7444 or email [email protected]
- Sunshine: Phone (03) 8311 9222 or email [email protected]
Family safety is a vital part of the program, so our family safety practitioners will contact your family members to offer them support and assistance. We do this because people exposed to or affected by family violence also need support.