Return home
Contact us
Four people sitting together on a couch laughing.

Senior services

External services for older adults and their families.


If you have concerns that an older person is being harmed, controlled or isolated by a family member or carer, contact the Family Violence Liaison Officer at your local police station. 


Aboriginal Community Elders Services - A not-for-profit Aboriginal Community Controlled organisation that provides a range of residential and community aged care services.

Advance Care Planning Australia - An Australian government-funded program providing information and resources on all aspects of advanced care planning.

Aged Care Online - Provides an extensive list of aged care facilities in Victoria.

Carers Australia Victoria – A not-for-profit organisation that provides practical, financial, and emotional support and information to family carers.

Council on the Ageing (COTA) Victoria - Run by and for older people, to advance the rights, interests and futures of Australians as they age.

Dementia Australia - Advocates for the needs of people living with dementia, and for their families and carers, and provides support services, education and information.

Eastern Community Legal Centre - Provides free legal assistance for family law and family violence matters to people living in the local government areas of Boroondara, Knox, Manningham, Maroondah, Whitehorse and the Yarra Ranges. 

Elder Rights Advocacy (ERA) - A free, confidential and independent service to older people (or their representatives) who are receiving an Australian Government subsidised aged care service.

My Aged Care - National entry point to access aged care services, including help at home, transition, short-term and respite care, and residential aged care services.

National Ageing Research Institute (NARI) - Lead research organisation producing publications and resources to  guide aged care practice and policy and improve the lives of older Australians.

Seniors Rights Victoria - Provides information, support, advice and education to help prevent elder abuse and safeguard the rights, dignity and independence of older people.

State Trustees - Provides financial and legal assistance for every stage of life, including assistance with executor services, powers of attorney and wills.

Victorian Civil and Administrative Tribunal (VCAT) - A low cost, accessible, and independent tribunal providing information, referrals and support for dispute resolution. Involved with disputes about powers of attorney, guardians and administrators.


Disclaimer: The list above provides links to external services for older adults and their families. While every effort is made to check the content and accuracy of the websites RAV links to, we take no responsibility for information contained on websites that are maintained by other organisations. RAV is not endorsing or associated with any of the services listed on this page.

Other support services
External resources & links
A person standing next to a large pool of water with a red sky in the background.
Aboriginal Community Controlled Organisations
Links to external services, cooperatives, networks and gathering places for First Nations peoples.
Read more
News, blogs & media
A man wearing sandals while sitting in a wheelchair.
Disability support services
Links to external services for people with disability, including those who are impacted by the Disability Royal Commission.
Read more
News, blogs & media
A parent lifting their laughing child above their head.
Family and parenting services
Links to external services that support parents and families.
Read more
News, blogs & media
The sun shining through trees onto green grass.
Forced adoption services
Links to external services supporting people affected by forced adoption.
Read more
External resources & links
Focus on the scales of justice with a blurred background.
Government and legal services
Links to Australian and Victorian Government services and departments, and other legal services that can support you.
Read more
External resources & links
A green first aid container.
Health information and services
Links to online health resources provided by government and health services.
Read more
External resources & links
A couple with their backs against a wall, looking at each other.
LGBTIQA+ support services
Links to external services for lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender, intersex, queer, asexual and other sexually or gender diverse people and their friends and family.
Read more
External resources & links
A man wearing a grey shirt leaning against a tree as he scrolls on his phone.
Mental health services
Links to external services providing telephone, video and online counselling and information resources about mental health.
Read more
External resources & links
A family sitting on a couch smiling at each other.
Multicultural services
Links to external services and information for culturally and linguistically diverse communities.
Read more
External resources & links
A bookcase full of books in a library.
Sector, research and accreditation bodies
Links to external resources for professionals, service providers and students.
Read more
External resources & links
White and pink blossoms growing on a tree.
Services for people affected by violence, abuse and trauma
Links to external crisis support and other services for people affected by violence and abuse, and for those who perpetrate violence.
Read more
External resources & links
Key attached to a key ring shaped like a house on a timber surface.
Social welfare services
Links to external services that can assist you with housing and homelessness, debt, gambling, or alcohol and other drug use.
Read more
External resources & links
A couple sitting together on a park bench, looking at each others phones.
Youth services
Links to external support services available to assist young people with a range of challenges.
Read more
Quick Exit