Learn how separation and related conflict can impact children, and gain information and strategies to help your children adjust.
What will you learn?
The program includes 3 core sections and optional electives.
- dealing with loss
- practical self-care for busy parents
- diet and exercise
- dealing with drug/alcohol challenges
- emotional and spiritual resources and mindfulness
- the rebound relationship
- self-care resources and referrals.
- co-parenting goals
- dealing with difficult communication
- 'Brief, Informative, Firm and Friendly' messages
- business type relationships
- 'when all else fails'
- co-parenting tips from experienced mediators and researchers.
3. Being attentive to children’s needs
- understanding children's needs
- managing difficult behaviours and emotions
- different parenting styles
- impacts of separation on children’s behaviour
- an interview with 2 experienced child consultants.
This section offers optional but recommended content on communication, conflict management, and family therapy.