A 6-week program supporting parents/carers to enhance your parenting skills and focus on building your relationship with your child.
Emotionally Intelligent Parenting: Learn how to better understand and interact with your child.
This 6-week program focuses on developing key skills to recognise and respond to your child’s emotions, and
to learn about conflict management and preventing problem behaviour in children.
Tuning in to Kids™ teaches parents/caregivers how to help their child develop emotional intelligence - a key skill to help them better cope with their emotions, become more assertive and have more stable and
satisfying relationships as adults.
This course teaches parents/caregivers:
- emotional intelligence and why it’s important
- the five steps of emotion coaching
- different parenting styles
- anger and conflict management
- problem solving
- emotional self-care.
Parents/caregivers of children aged 3 to 9.
Please note: This group may not be appropriate for all parents. Please contact us if your family is experiencing family violence, significant mental health issues or child protection issues. We will talk to you about your circumstances and whether this group is suitable for you.
6 x weekly 2-hour group sessions. No groups are currently scheduled.
If you are attending as a couple/caregiver pair, each person must have their own device in order to participate.
- “I learnt an enormous amount over the 6 sessions. What I have learnt has made an impact on my family in a very positive way!” – Female, 44
- “This was a great course. Has really helped. Still have a way to go, but have lots of useful tools to work with.” – Melanie, 37
- “Very helpful and insightful on how to manage/recognise my kids’ emotions, and my own.” – Female, 47
- “It was nice hearing other parents’ experiences.” – Female, 37