Introductory conversations about family violence
We were honoured to be invited to record a podcast series on family violence, hosted by Adongwot Manyoul and Lydia Tesema from BRIMBANK LIVE and supported by Brimbank City Council.
The 3-part series covers the following topics:
- What is family violence?
- Factors that contribute to family violence
- Barriers to speaking out
- Challenges for people from culturally and linguistically diverse communities
- Making a safety plan
- Intervention orders – how they work and how to apply
- Where and how to get help
If you feel unsafe right now, phone emergency services on 000.
For free information and support, contact:
- inTouch – Multicultural Centre Against Family Violence (Victoria): Phone 1800 755 988 - Available Monday to Friday 9:30am - 4:30pm
- Safe Steps (Victoria): Phone 1800 015 188 - Available 24/7
- 1800RESPECT (Australia-wide): Phone 1800 737 732 - Available 24/7