Tuning in to Teens
Parents of children aged eight to 14 years in the City of Yarra are invited to take part in our Tuning in to Teens group parenting program from 22 October to 3 December 2019.
This program is being delivered through our Melbourne Family Relationship Centre as part of the Yarra Communities that Care initiative, a community-led effort which focuses on supporting the healthy development of children and young people aged eight to 14 in the City of Yarra.
Over six-sessions, Tuning in to Teens helps you as parents to develop skills to recognise and respond to your child’s emotions and help your child develop emotional intelligence.
You’ll learn how to:
- better understand and help your child navigate this important developmental phase
- strengthen your relationship with your child
- coach your child to manage strong emotions like worry, anger and sadness
- build your child’s problem solving, conflict resolution, and resilience skills
- help your child develop positive and healthy friendships.
6-8pm on Tuesdays in Term 4, 2019.
- October 22, 29; November 12, 19, 26; December 3
- No session on 5 November.
- Please note: all six sessions must be attended.
Bargoonga Nganjin (North Fitzroy Library)
182 St Georges Road, North Fitzroy
- $150 per couple.
- $100 per individual.
- Concession available on request.
Bookings are essential as the program is limited to 12 people. Visit www.tint-yarra.eventbrite.com.au and enter the password tint to reserve your place.
To find out more, contact Naomi Gilbert, Community Liaison Officer at Relationships Australia Victoria, via email or call 0488 688 908.