About this course
This course provides you with skills for preparing for difficult, professional conversations with colleagues, and strategies to help you manage your emotions and support others during these conversations. The course also explores
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- apply skills to prepare for a difficult conversation
- demonstrate an understanding of effective communication skills
- develop an understanding of how and why people may react both physically and emotionally to difficult situations
- apply strategies to manage emotions
- apply common conflict management styles.
This comprehensive self-paced course is ideal for staff in a range of workplaces including the community, education, health and business sectors who may need to support colleagues or clients when faced with a difficult conversation.
- The course will take approximately 2 - 3 hours to complete.
- Throughout the course, you’ll participate in learning activities that will help you to apply the course content to your own context. This integrated and practical approach to learning will enable you to go back to your workplace with new and innovative learnings that can be implemented straight away.
- You will have access to the course content for 12 months from the date you commence the first module.
After completing this course you’ll receive the following course completion awards:
- A certificate of completion for your records
- A digital micro-credential badge.
The digital micro-credential badge can be displayed on your LinkedIn profile, resume, CV or email signature, to share your accomplishment with colleagues and professional networks.
Accessing this course
When you register:
- you'll be taken to our payment gateway to complete your registration
- a new account will be automatically created for you in our Learning Management System (Moodle). This will be your online learning hub, where you can access this course and all our upcoming training and professional development programs. If you have joined one of our events before, you should already have an account.
- if you have forgotten your username or password, you can reset these on the Moodle log in page.