This program is designed for experienced family therapists and professionals in related roles who want to enhance their skills for working with diverse client groups.
Participants will be supported to develop highly-nuanced skills to support culturally and gender diverse clients and integrate child-focused family interventions.
The training program is structured around 5 interactive workshops, which encompass a range of adult learning principles and resources including textbook resources, skills development, and role play activities.
Program content will be delivered with a strengths-based and culturally-responsive approach and through a trauma-informed lens.
By the end of this workshop series, participants will be able to demonstrate knowledge of the following module topics.
- Module 1: Revisiting the fundamental principles of systemic family therapy
- Module 2: Implications of interventions when working with different family cultures, including Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander communities
- Module 3: Implications of engaging neurodiverse gender-diverse clients
- Module 4: Tailored child-focused family interventions
- Module 5 : Integrating learning and application to your current work role
Experienced family workers, health and community practitioners and individual counsellors/therapists.
Please note: We recommend that participants have completed prior training in the fundamentals of systemic family therapy, and are active practitioners in their field of work.
About the presenter
Lilia Szarski is a clinical supervisor and experienced trainer at Relationships Australia Victoria and a qualified, registered psychologist. She is also a member of the Australian Psychological Society, International Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, and the International Association of Applied Psychologists.
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.