In this interactive, online workshop the facilitator will work with participants to equip you with the skills to launch and facilitate a therapeutic support group - a task which can be challenging for even the most experienced clinicians.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- set up an effective therapeutic support group
- create a clear aim and focus
- design and facilitate appropriate group activities
- inform their work with ethical conduct and legal implications
- understand the importance of setting boundaries
- seek additional support.
Clinicians, social workers, community organisation workers, health professionals, youth workers, child and family workers and counsellors at any level of experience.
About the presenter
Jeff Roberts is a clinical psychologist with more than 15 years’ experience in counselling, working in a variety of mental health settings in Australia and overseas. Jeff is highly experienced in performing IQ, personality and memory testing. He specialises in men's health and is also experienced working with LGBTQI+ communities on a range of different issues including depression, anxiety, sexual health and interpersonal issues. Jeff has experience working with the corporate sector, providing coaching, training and leadership development.
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.