An interactive, online workshop providing skills needed to start and facilitate a therapeutic support group – a challenging exercise for even the most experienced clinicians.
You’ll learn practical strategies for maximising time in a group setting and develop skills for acknowledging the individuality of clients.
At the end of this workshop, you'll be able to:
- set up an effective therapeutic support group
- create a clear aim and focus
- design and facilitate appropriate group activities
- inform your work with ethical conduct and legal implications
- understand the importance of setting boundaries
- provide referrals to other services.
Clinicians, social workers, community organisation workers, health professionals, youth workers, child and family workers and counsellors at any level of experience who are planning to or interested in facilitating a therapeutic support group.
About the presenter
Jeff Roberts is a clinical psychologist with more than 15 years’ experience in counselling, working in a variety of mental health settings in Australia and overseas. Jeff is highly experienced in performing IQ, personality and memory testing. He specialises in men's health and is also experienced working with LGBTIQA+ communities on a range of different issues including depression, anxiety, sexual health and interpersonal issues. Jeff has experience working with the corporate sector, providing coaching, training and leadership development.
- When you register, you'll be taken to our payment gateway to complete your registration. A new account will be automatically created for you in our Learning Management System (Moodle).
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.
Please note that you'll need access to the following to participate in this workshop:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Headphones recommended
- Webcam (built in or external to your computer)