Family dispute resolution (FDR) is a complex process that requires a practitioner to manage challenging dynamics – subtle, bold and unexpected – to provide a safe and appropriate service, make ethical decisions, be an excellent listener, knowledgeable, tech-savvy, child-focused, well balanced, quick thinking, observant, responsive, flexible, reflective and all the while take good care of self as well. Working in an online space also brings with it added complexities.
In this dynamic workshop, the focus will be on practicing hands-on skills and strategies, coupled with reflective discussion and gaining new insights.
- A fresh look at effective communication skills in FDR
- Managing the dynamics of shuttle FDR and those of private sessions
- Effective 'whiteboard skills' online
- Managing subtle power imbalances and resisting invitations to collude
- Balancing impartiality and empowerment in challenging dynamics
- Mastering reflective practice and self-care
This workshop is designed for FDR Practitioners at any level of experience, who would like to hone their existing skills and add new strategies to their toolkit. The learning outcomes will be applicable to online delivery and face-to-face settings.
About the presenters
Lilia Szarski is a clinical supervisor and experienced trainer at Relationships Australia Victoria and a qualified, registered psychologist. She is also a member of the Australian Psychological Society, International Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, and the International Association of Applied Psychologists.
Astrid Horter is the Program Leader FDR and Mediation Training at RAV. She holds tertiary qualifications in law and psychology and is an experienced FDRP and child consultant. Astrid coordinates RAV’s Graduate Diploma of FDR, Mediation Training Short Course, and delivers training for RAV and external organisations. Astrid has extensive experience working in community organisations as a clinical supervisor, trainer and manager.
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222