Difficult conversations can be uncomfortable.
In this online workshop you will learn how to apply skills to prepare for difficult conversations, and strategies to help you to manage your emotions and support others in the conversation.
This workshop will also explore and unpack effective communication skills and common conflict management styles.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- apply skills to prepare for a difficult conversation
- demonstrate an understanding of effective communication skills
- demonstrate an understanding of how and why people react to difficult situations physically and emotionally
- apply strategies to manage emotions
- demonstrate an understanding of common conflict management styles.
Staff in a range of workplaces including the community, education, health and business sectors who may need to support colleagues or clients.
About the presenter
Lilia Szarski is a clinical supervisor and experienced trainer at Relationships Australia Victoria and a qualified, registered psychologist. She is also a member of the Australian Psychological Society, International Association of Family and Conciliation Courts, and the International Association of Applied Psychologists.
Please note, in order to participate in this workshop, you will need access to the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam (built in to your computer, or input separately)
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
This workshop may be available on other dates. View all our upcoming workshops.