In this interactive online workshop you will be supported to gain knowledge, practical advice and strategies to engage dads and families in positive and effective ways.
Along with other participants you will work collectively to form strategies for supporting dads and build skills for creating more dad friendly programs and services in the community.
You’ll learn in depth about our fatherhood resources and professionals’ toolkit and, by the end of this workshop, will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of what makes dads important
- articulate the 7 different ways to be a dad
- demonstrate an awareness of dad-focused programs, research and work across Australia
- promote dads effectively
- support dads to create positive family relationships
- articulate how to maintain work and family balance for dads
- use skills and strategies to create a dad-focused service
- demonstrate an understanding of the issues related to working from home - how are dads going?
- formulate a plan for future work with dads.
A range of workers in community organisations, social services, schools or businesses who need to cater for the needs of fathers.
About the presenter
Dominic Alford is the Program Leader Primary Prevention and the coordinator of the Support for Fathers project at Relationships Australia Victoria. He has been highlighting the role of men as fathers in the prevention of family violence. He has worked in the welfare sector for 12 years across child protection, family services, foster care, parent education and teaching.
Relationships Australia Victoria is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services to deliver the Support for Fathers project.
Please note, in order to participate in this workshop, you will need access to the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam (built in to your computer, or input separately)
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222