In this interactive online workshop you will be supported to gain knowledge, practical advice and strategies to engage dads and families in positive and effective ways.
Through group discussion, you will be supported to develop strategies for supporting dads in your community and learn skills for creating more dad-friendly programs and services.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- demonstrate an understanding of what makes dads important
- articulate the 7 different ways to be a dad
- demonstrate an awareness of dad-focused programs, research and work across Australia
- effectively promote programs and services to dads
- support dads to create positive family relationships
- articulate how to maintain work and family balance for dads
- use skills and strategies to create a dad-focused service
- demonstrate an understanding of the issues impacting dads who work from home and ways to manage these
- formulate a plan for future work with dads.
A range of workers in community organisations, social services, schools or businesses who need to cater for the needs of fathers.
About the presenter
Dominic Alford is the Project Coordinator of Support for Fathers at Relationships Australia Victoria and has been highlighting the role of men as fathers in the prevention of family violence. He has worked in the welfare sector for 12 years across child protection, family services, foster care, parent education and teaching. To learn more about the Support for Fathers project, visit www.supportforfathers.com.au
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.
Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222
Email: [email protected]