About this course
Professional boundaries are the legal, ethical and organisational frameworks that protect both clients and employees, or workers, from physical and emotional harm, and help to maintain a safe working environment for themselves and their clients. They help workers to make objective decisions about the therapeutic process to most effectively assist clients to achieve their goals.
Sometimes we encounter challenging situations in our therapeutic work which can make maintaining these boundaries difficult. For example, if a client offers gifts, invites the worker to a social function, or wants to extend the therapeutic relationship beyond the service provided, e.g., be your friend or divulge information that is not relevant to the therapeutic goals.
Situations such as these require workers to have a clear understanding of their role and ethical principles, and the organisation’s policies and code of conduct. It is also important for workers to be clear and assertive with clients about the boundaries of their role and what is appropriate behaviour for the therapeutic process.
- The course is estimated to take approximately 15 hours to complete.
- Throughout the course, you will be asked to participate in discussion forums and learning activities that will help you to apply the course content to your own context. This integrated and practical approach to learning will enable you to go back to your workplace with new and innovative learnings that can be implemented straight away.
- You will have access to the course content for 12 months from the date you commence the first module.
- After working through the course content, students complete an end-of-course multiple-choice assessment which requires a score of 80% or higher to pass (multiple attempts are allowed).
- A Certificate of Completion is available upon successful completion of this course.
Accessing the course
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway to complete your registration.
- When you register, a new account in the RAV Learning Management System (Moodle) will be automatically created. This is our new online learning hub – where you can access all of our upcoming training and professional development programs. If you have joined one of our events before, you should already have an account.
- Further information will be provided upon registration.
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222
Email: [email protected]