Applying trauma-informed practice is integral when working with a vulnerable cohort, particularly in understanding when challenges arise in an individual’s behaviour.
It can assist in understanding where someone has come from or what have they experienced that may have influenced their attitudes, behaviours and actions. Trauma-informed practice allows for workers to engage with clients with trust, openness and respect and assists with managing any challenges that may arise during the process.
In this workshop, participants will learn about the following topics:
- What is trauma-informed practice?
- What does integrating trauma-informed practice look like?
- What are some supporting theories that indicate this approach works?
- Why is it important to build engagement, vulnerability and trust?
- How can this assist with working with offenders and supporting their rehabilitation and reintegration needs.
Professionals working with a Correctional cohort and/or supporting families.
About the presenters
Samantha Winnick, Taylor Morris and Luke McCord deliver the LINCS program at Relationships Australia Victoria. It is an educational workshop specifically designed for offenders who are subject to a Community Correction Order and is funded through Corrections Victoria.
LINCS workshops are designed to improve participants’ capabilities and strengths, using skills-based activities that also identify strategies and supports that are relevant to each module. The activities also highlight the importance of the participants’ internal and external capacity in terms of their social supports, employment opportunities and access to education.
Please note, in order to participate in this workshop, you will need access to the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam (built in to your computer, or input separately)
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222