Learn strategies to defuse difficult situations, manage intense emotions and move towards positive solutions.
Everyone gets frustrated or angry on occasion, particularly when they’re under pressure. Most of the time, they deal with their anger and frustrations in socially acceptable and appropriate ways, however, it’s important to know how to respond when they don’t
This workshop will share strategies to defuse situations where clients, colleagues or community members are exhibiting strong emotions and/or difficult behaviours. We’ll also discuss how to understand of your own triggers and have ways to manage your own emotions when using these strategies.
At the end of this workshop, you'll be able to:
- understand how and why people react both physically and emotionally to difficult situations
- apply strategies to help others manage their emotions
- use effective communication skills
- articulate and apply conflict management strategies
- demonstrate an understanding of how to monitor your own reactions and practise self-care.
A range of workers in community organisations, social services, schools or businesses working with clients or colleagues demonstrating challenging behaviours and emotions.
About the presenter
Lucille Hart is an experienced facilitator at Relationships Australia Victoria. She holds qualifications in psychology, the social sciences and meditation and is experienced in the provision of mental health, healthy relationship, rehabilitation, family violence, youth and psychoeducational services. Lucille has substantial experience working in community organisations as a coordinator, trainer and facilitator and regularly provides training for government and non-profit organisations in areas including healthy relationships, wellbeing, vicarious trauma, professional boundaries and managing difficult conversations.
- When you register, you'll be taken to our payment gateway to complete your registration. A new account will be automatically created for you in our Learning Management System (Moodle).
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.