About this course
In this course, we highlight strategies that you can use to defuse situations when clients, colleagues or community members are exhibiting strong emotions and/or difficult behaviours.
The course also focuses on understanding your own particular triggers and ways to manage your own emotions when using these strategies.
At the end of this course, you will be able to:
- explain how and why people may react both physically and emotionally to difficult situations
- apply strategies to help others to manage emotions
- apply effective communication skills
- articulate and apply conflict management strategies
- demonstrate an understanding of how to monitor your own emotions and practise self-care.
This comprehensive self-paced course is ideal for range of workers in community organisations, social services, schools or businesses dealing with challenging clients or colleagues.
- The course will take approximately 3 – 4 hours to complete.
- Throughout the course, you’ll participate in learning activities that will help you to apply the course content to your own context. This integrated and practical approach to learning will enable you to go back to your workplace with new and innovative learnings that can be implemented straight away.
- You will have access to the course content for 12 months from the date you commence the first module.
After completing this course you’ll receive the following course completion awards:
- A certificate of completion for your records
- A digital micro-credential badge.
The digital micro-credential badge can be displayed on your LinkedIn profile, resume, CV or email signature, to share your accomplishment with colleagues and professional networks.
Accessing this course
When you register:
- you'll be taken to our payment gateway to complete your registration
- a new account will be automatically created for you in our Learning Management System (Moodle). This will be your online learning hub, where you can access this course and all our upcoming training and professional development programs. If you have joined one of our events before, you should already have an account.
- if you have forgotten your username or password, you can reset these on the Moodle log in page.