About this course
The Support for Fathers project is a national project providing dads and father figures with options and information about fatherhood, the relationship with their partner, and connecting with their kids. We enable workplaces and organisations to engage and work with dads and families more effectively and support them through fatherhood.
In this self-paced, online course, we will explore the research, resources and toolkits the Support for Fathers project has developed as well as plenty of other work being done in Australia and around the world.
- This self-paced online course will go live with all modules of content released on Monday 21 February 2022.
- The course is estimated to take approximately 4-6 hours to complete over a 6-month period, from Monday 21 February 2022 to Monday 22 August 2022.
- Throughout the course, you will be asked to participate in discussion forums and learning activities that will help you to apply the course content to your own context. This integrated and practical approach to learning will enable you to go back to your workplace with new and innovative learnings that can be implemented straight away.
- The discussion forums will be monitored from Monday 21 February 2022 to Monday 22 August 2022.
- In late-August 2022, the course trainer will create a personalised video for you, in response to any specific questions raised in the final discussion forum.
- If you take longer than 6 months to complete the course, that's fine too, you just won't get as much interaction with the trainer. You will have access to the course content until Monday 20 February 2023, however you will not be able to access the discussion forums and trainer support after 22 August 2022.
- After working through the course content, students complete an end-of-course multiple-choice assessment which requires a score of 80% or higher to pass (multiple attempts are allowed).
- A Certificate of Completion is available upon successful completion of this course.
Accessing the course
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access the course content in our Moodle Learning Management System.
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222