In single session consultations, it's important to structure the session with a beginning, middle and end; narrow the data and approach the therapy with some pragmatism.
Participants of this workshop will engage with valuable strategies and tools that can be integrated into their practice.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- make the most effective use of just one hour
- narrow the data
- understand that, in walk-in therapy, the goal is for the client to leave the session with a sense of emotional relief and some sort of positive outcome
- learn, as early as possible, what the client wants from the session
- understand client motivation
- learn about risk and safety.
Clinicians, social workers, community organisation workers, health professionals, youth workers, child and family workers and counsellors at any level of experience.
About the presenter
Jeff Roberts is a clinical psychologist with more than 15 years’ experience in counselling, working in a variety of mental health settings in Australia and overseas. Jeff is highly experienced in performing IQ, personality and memory testing. He specialises in men's health and is also experienced working with LGBTQI+ communities on a range of different issues including depression, anxiety, sexual health and interpersonal issues. Jeff has experience working with the corporate sector, providing coaching, training and leadership development.
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.