There are many situations where you might find yourself in the middle of a conflict and want or need to intervene to support the parties to create a more collaborative, solution-focused space.
In this training you will learn about mediation principles, conflict resolution skills and strategies you can apply in a variety of settings where conducting a formal mediation process is not possible, but a structured and skilful intervention will be helpful.
During this training, participants will gain:
- an understanding of conflict and different conflict resolution approaches, including mediation
- an understanding of your own response to conflict and how to manage this
- a structured conflict resolution and negotiation process to help achieve positive outcomes that can be applied in a range of different settings
- strategies and micro skills to implement a collaborative and solution-focused approach to conflict management
- self-care strategies and ways to manage the emotional impacts of being involved in conflict.
Community organisation practitioners and team leaders, school staff, health professionals, youth workers, child and family workers, and counsellors, and anyone wanting to find out more about mediation.
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.