The Tree of Life is a creative arts process for children, young people, adults and groups.
This workshop is designed to help counsellors, who may be struggling to engage children and others, through providing practical online skills-training in art, play, drama and storytelling therapies.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- generate creative and effective ways to engage with children, young people and adults
- offer alternatives to talk-only therapies
- encourage children, young people and adults to express emotions, engage in mindfulness and evoke behavioural change.
Staff in a range of workplaces who work with children and families including the community, education, health and business sectors. This workshop is designed for clinicians, social workers, community organisation workers, health professionals, youth workers, child and family workers and counsellors at any level of experience.
About the presenter
Kim Billington has worked for over 30 years with clients of all ages whose adversities include recovery after divorce, bereavement, surviving refugee trauma, family violence and those caring for family members with mental health troubles.
Please note, in order to participate in this workshop, you will need access to the following:
- Desktop or laptop computer
- Reliable internet connection
- Webcam (built in to your computer, or input separately)
- When you click to register, you will be taken to our new and improved payment gateway. Once you complete your registration you will receive an email detailing how to access your learning event in our Moodle Learning Management System.
- Registration cut-offs:
- Workshop registrations will close two business days before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least two business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222