Stepping into a leadership role and inspiring others can be a most rewarding career move.
In this online workshop, participants will focus on building effective leadership skills, transitioning well into the leadership space and managing challenges inherent in the role. We will take a 360 degree view on leadership - yourself, your manager, your organisation and your team.
By the end of this workshop, participants will be able to:
- undertake an effective transition into inspirational people leadership
- articulate the difference between leading and managing - why you need to do both, and when
- apply skills in order to manage competing priorities
- apply skills in order to master the art of ‘managing up'
- apply knowledge to work strategically within systems.
Relatively new and emerging leaders working in the community services sector.
About the presenters
Astrid Horter is the Program Leader Family Dispute Resolution (FDR) and Mediation Training at Relationships Australia Victoria (RAV). She holds tertiary qualifications in law and psychology and is an experienced family dispute resolution practitioner (FDRP) and child consultant. Astrid coordinates RAV’s CHC81115 Graduate Diploma of Family Dispute Resolution, Mediation Training Course, and delivers training for RAV and external organisations. Astrid has extensive experience working in community organisations as a clinical supervisor, trainer and manager.
John Ravesi is a highly experienced FDRP, mediator, counsellor and coach. He is currently a Trainer/Assessor within the FDR and Mediation Training Program at RAV and delivers a variety of programs to external organisations. He has held multiple senior leadership, supervisory and clinical roles in a variety of community organisations.
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.
Training Workshops Cancellation Statement [PDF, 1MB]
Training and Development Team
Phone: (03) 8573 2222
Email: [email protected]