A free, 6-week program to help parents/carers in specific areas of Ballarat and Sunshine to support your teen to develop emotional intelligence and conflict management skills.
Backed by evidence-based research, over 6 weeks you’ll develop key skills to:
- communicate with your teen
- recognise and respond to your teen’s emotions
- help your teen learn to manage their emotions
- teach your teen how to deal with conflict.
Teenage children of parents who learn and regularly practice these skills are more likely to:
- be more aware, assertive and strong in situations of peer pressure
- have fewer mental health or substance abuse difficulties
- be more likely to turn to their parents for help when they are facing challenging issues
- have greater career success - emotional intelligence may be a better predictor of academic and career success than IQ!
Who can attend
Parents and caregivers of tweens and teens aged between 10 and 16 who live in specific areas of Ballarat and Sunshine (Wendouree, Miners Rest, Canadian, Golden Point, Mount Pleasant, Mount Clear, Redan, Sebastopol, Delahey and Kings Park).
The early matters program is funded by the Australian Government Department of Social Services.
Upcoming group dates
6 x weekly group sessions, from 10 - 11:30am on Tuesdays in 2023:
- 14 February
- 21 February
- 28 February
- 7 March
- 14 March
- 21 March.