Safe from violence - A guide for women leaving or separating
This booklet provides information and resources to help women understand the nature of violence in relationships and guide them through separation.
- What is domestic or family violence?
- What is coercive control?
- Are you experiencing family violence?
- Different kinds of family violence
- The effects of family violence on women
- Children’s responses to family violence
- Breaking the silence
- On the road to separating
- Help along the way
- Domestic or Family Violence Orders
- Safety Plan
- Safety and technology, including safety planning
- Safe parenting after separation
- Moving forward
- Where to get further assistance
Are printed booklets available?
We can provide a small quantity of free, printed copies for individual or not-for-profit use and additional copies are available to purchase for a small fee.
How do I request a free hard copy?
If you are based in Victoria, please email our Communications and Marketing team.
If you live in another state or territory, please contact your closest Relationships Australia centre to enquire about booklets.
How do I purchase extra hard copies for my organisation?