An early intervention relationship program that introduces children to the knowledge, skills and attitudes that promote healthy relationships.
Adapted from our successful I like, like you (ILLY) secondary school program, ILLY Upper Primary is a circus-themed preventative initiative using a whole-of-school approach to promote the connection between healthy relationships and emotional health and wellbeing.
Over four, weekly sessions, trained facilitators work with students in groups exploring knowledge, practical skills and attitudes that encourage health relationships.
Topics can include:
- What does a safe and healthy relationship feel like?
- Power relations and identifying when a relationship is not safe for you.
- The connection between emotional health and healthy relationships.
- Healthy minds: practical skills for emotional health.
- Styles of communicating that harm relationships and what you can do instead.
- Managing the negatives and repairing after conflict.
- Boundaries: how to enjoy being friends and still be yourself.
- Attitudes and influences that support and harm relationships.
For more information about our ILLY or ILLY UP programs, including how they can be customised to meet the needs of your school and students:
You can also contact us via the form below.