An early intervention relationship program that introduces adolescents to the knowledge, skills and attitudes that promote healthy relationships.
Over four, weekly sessions, trained facilitators work with students in groups through a combination of discussions and activities that promote critical reflection, relationship skills, empathy, assertiveness and awareness and evaluation of themselves and others.
Topics can include:
- safe and healthy relationships
- what is good about being in a relationship
- looking after yourself
- personal boundaries and your rights
- intimacy, sex and love
- social media and texting
- how to enjoy being in a relationship and still be yourself
- how to work out conflict and repair after arguments
- how to help yourself after a break-up
- what to do if a friend is in an unhealthy relationship.
Project Officer Child and Parenting Groups
Phone: (03) 8573 2222