Conflict occurs when there is a perceived difference between the interests of the parties concerned and a belief that both sets of interest cannot be met simultaneously.
In the workplace, this can happen quite regularly as many people work in teams and need to complete tasks together. This workshop will discuss a number of practical strategies for managing conflict in different situations and provide participants with skills to implement these strategies. We will also provide some useful approaches to negotiation that assist parties to reach a mutually beneficial outcome.
In this workshop, participants will gain:
- an understanding of conflict, and the indicators of conflict
- an understanding of your own response to conflict
- conflict management strategies and ways to apply them to different situations in the workplace
- skills to implement a collaborative and solution-focused approach to conflict management
- a structured conflict resolution and negotiation process to help achieve positive outcomes
- self-care strategies and ways to manage the emotional response of being involved in conflict.
Anyone leading teams or managing staff in the workplace.
- Registrations for scheduled workshops close 48 hours before the event.
- Workshops must be paid for at least 2 business days before the training date, or your registration will be cancelled.
- If paying by invoice, proof of payment needs to be provided at least 24 hours ahead of the event.